St. Patrick’s Day was a great one spent in the company of family and friends. For a few precious hours, I was able to get my mind off my current WIP and allow myself to live in the moment and not in the latest fantasy world I’ve been trying to create.

When I last posted here at HoR, I was a writing fool, jabbing away at my keyboard as though I were a woman possessed. Joy quickly lead to confusion when I soon found myself in a slump with a scratched cornea and unable to create.

Last night however, surrounded by friends and loved ones, everything clicked for me and, suddenly all the plot holes I’d been trying fix, mended themselves. I left the celebration early and fueled by new wisdom (or maybe alcohol) proceeded to come home and write into the wee hours of the night.

I guess I just needed a brief moment away in order to come back with much better material.

Before I go, I’d like to congratulate Naughty Nikki on her sale to Samhain Publishing. Sounds To Die By will be released in October and I can’t wait to get my hands on it!

Until next time,

Amusing Abi

Comments (2)

On March 18, 2009 at 10:01 AM , Jax Cassidy said...

Maybe you need more alcohol to keep you inspired. LOL -- Glad to hear you took a break!

 
On March 18, 2009 at 11:10 AM , Musings by Mimmi said...

YEAH Nikki!!
HUGE congrats on your sale of your first book!!!