Both Naughty and I are artists...well, we think we are. The past three days we've doing personal projects and Naughty totally re-vamped her website. It's AWESOME and more in line of what she's writing...but those little itty bitty kinks were killing us. I am lazy about wordpress even if it's supposed to be a quick one-two. To be honest, I come from the old school techniques of graphic arts...I do everything manually on Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and a FTP loader program...I don't mind doing the changeouts when it suits me. I really should focus more on Wordpress, but just trying to sift through the coding can drive a writer NUTSO!

I think between the two of us, we've spent about 90 hours on our websites. Well, it's a new persona that I am not launching yet--however, it's never too early to get the preliminaries down... :) Yes, you can call us geeks, dorks, what-eva--but we are too proud to give up. Which translates to something good...as writers, we are both working toward a dream of hitting the list and although I may be slightly further along than Naughty and Abi...it's not much...and they still have time to kick my butt...

So, through the dark gray clouds of Coding Hell, we have risen and I'm certain that in a few weeks we'll want to scrap what we did and re-do but I've never been more inspired than when I looked at the final product. It's a good feeling regardless of all the hardships we endured the last three days...I hope when we make the LIST, we can look back and laugh about it.

This post is for you NAUGHTY! You ROCK!

Comments (3)

On March 6, 2009 at 2:32 PM , Nikki Duncan said...

AWWWW, thanks, Jax!! It was a dark few days, that I'll be blogging in depth about on my newly designed blog, but I do think it's safe to say I won't want to scrap it in a few weeks. Lord, after the effort I put into it I hope the heck not. I even learned more new stuff this week.

And I love the look you came up with yours.

 
On March 6, 2009 at 5:35 PM , Anonymous said...

Nikki's website looks awesome. :)

 
On March 6, 2009 at 7:51 PM , Mia Rose said...

Ha! I just finished remodeling my own site as well, after telling myself I would for months... and I'm already going to change it.
:D
Nikki dearest I love the new look. Very dream-world gorgeousness!