Thanks for stopping in today Lilli! I'm really excited about your book BOUND TO PLEASE. I'm sure it's going to be a hot read! **As always, readers, please feel free to ask questions and comments. All who comment will be added to the contest drawing and tomorrow we'll post a winner for the autographed book!**

Here's the official blurb for the book:

FROM FANTASY TO ECSTASY

Ruby Scott is a beautiful, quiet event planner who leads an oh-so-respectable life. Yet the things that go on in her secret fantasies are anything but. She has every intention of keeping her hidden desires under wraps-until she meets a gorgeous, hard-muscled man ten years her junior. Mark St. Crow is a gifted, up-and-coming musician who collects erotic art and loves to "play" women as much as his piano. After one night of uninhibited passion, Ruby realizes there's no turning back. But as she surrenders to her deepest needs and lets Mark control every forbidden thrill, her passion for him builds. Can the wild, intoxicating nights they share lead to a love that will last forever?

You can read the EXCERPT here..
.

Let's get to the questions...

How has your writing journey been since publishing and how do you deal with the changes since the economy?

My writing journey continues to grow and change. I started out writing contemporary erotic romance, but have since published a paranormal romantic comedy and I have a paranormal urban fantasy coming out in August. Erotic Romance has definitely taken a hit recently, but I think that just means the line between "erotic" and "spicy" is starting to blur. So I'm just writing what I writing and hoping people will still want to buy it. I'm also really happy with my e-publishers.

What’s the best part of being an author? What’s the worst part?

The best part is the flexibility and the fact that I don't have to get out of my pajamas if I don't want to. The worst part is that this is a vulnerable industry and nothing is ever guaranteed. That part can be really stressful.

How many books do you write a year and what have you seen the most results in terms of promotions?

I shoot for 1-2 novels a year plus some short stories for my e-publishers.

Do you have a posse you write with? Do you suggest critique partners or beta readers?


I have a posse. :) If you want to know more about them, check out the www.smutketeers.com

Have you ever done anything spontaneous or extreme and what did it teach you something about yourself?

Everything I do tends to be spontaneous, which doesn't always work out for the best. But I can't help it, it's who I am.

Your April release BOUND TO PLEASE is not your typical writing style and the buzz is that’s it’s one to read. How challenging has it been to write this book and what did you learn from the experience? Can you tell us about your new book and maybe provide an excerpt for our readers?

BOUND TO PLEASE was challenging because I used a lot of dialogue to drive the book. My characters wouldn't shut up! But dialogue-driven books keep the reader's attention, so it was a great learning experience. I actually love writing dialogue, so it worked out well in the end.

Here's a blurb for the book:

Ruby Scott is a beautiful, quiet event planner who leads an oh-so-respectable life. Yet the things that go on in her secret fantasies are anything but. She has every intention of keeping her hidden desires under wraps-until she meets a gorgeous, hard-muscled man ten years her junior. Mark St. Crow is a gifted, up-and-coming musician who collects erotic art and loves to "play" women as much as his piano. After one night of uninhibited passion, Ruby realizes there's no turning back. But as she surrenders to her deepest needs and lets Mark control every forbidden thrill, her passion for him builds. Can the wild, intoxicating nights they share lead to a love that will last forever?

What’s up next for you? Any parting words for our readers?

Well, two of the characters from BOUND TO PLEASE wanted their story written. This new story is about an erotic photographer and a art curator. Let's just say this book is scorching hot! I'm currently working on revisions and it will be released in 2010.

ABOUT LILLI FEISTY...

Website: www.lillianfeisty.com
The Smutketeers Blog: www.smutketeers.com

Lilli Feisty was born in the San Francisco Bay Area. Like a piece of driftwood, she has washed up on nearly every beach between Santa Cruz and the Oregon border.

Because she never attended any particular elementary school for more than a few months at a time, she amused herself during lonely recesses by writing what would nowadays be labeled fanfic featuring Michael Knight and Han Solo. Sometimes in the same story.

She owned an own art gallery for several years, holds a degree in Creative Arts and was just a few units short of her MA when she decided to drop out of school to write smut.

Her first novella was published in March 2007 and she’s been hard at work ever since. She is the president of Passionate Ink, a special interest chapter of Romance Writers of America, and is also a moderator for the award-winning website, Romance Divas.

Ms. Feisty currently resides in Northern Nevada. When she’s not writing you might find her conducting “research” at brothels, staring out windows, or making Martinis.

Interviewed by:
Jenius Jax

Comments (29)

On April 30, 2009 at 10:29 AM , Lisa F. said...

I know the publishing industry is stressful to authors but if it's any consolation so are many other industries. I just hope the many talented authors out there are able to weather this economy and keep writing. Reading keeps me sane and helps me forget about our economy for a little while.

The more I look at this cover the more intrigued I become. It's one I think I would pick up and read the blurb to see if I wanted it. She looks a little sophisticated and a little spunky with that mysterious smile.

 
On April 30, 2009 at 10:43 AM , Booklover1335 said...

Hi Lilli,
I think it is so interesting that you were on a path to receive your MA, before switching to writing. It always amazes me to find out what careers authors did/do have before their writing careers.

I guess I just figured that most writers were born with the talent, and nourished it from a young age, and that does not always seem to be the case.

 
On April 30, 2009 at 10:59 AM , Jax Cassidy said...

Lisa, I totally hear you. Being an author is a very stressful journey and even when you've sold, it doesn't mean the road gets any easier. On the contrary, you're forced to produce and you're forced to keep producing so the readers won't forget you.

I'm with you, lately I've started reading to keep me sane..even when I should be writing. LOL

 
On April 30, 2009 at 11:02 AM , R.G. ALEXANDER said...

I'm just a Feisty fangirl :)
Great interview!!

 
On April 30, 2009 at 11:02 AM , Jax Cassidy said...

Booklover, I can attest to Lilli's art knowledge. Most writers I know are brilliant beyond just their writing skills. I've met psychologists, doctors, lawyers, anthropologists...you name it...such good company to keep because these authors are so fascinating.

 
On April 30, 2009 at 11:03 AM , Jax Cassidy said...

**waves** Hi RG! I'm a bit of a fangirl too! :)

 
On April 30, 2009 at 11:23 AM , housemouse88 said...

Hello Lilli,

Just read the excerpt, can you say hot. This books sounds interesting. Have a great day.

 
On April 30, 2009 at 12:23 PM , Unknown said...

Hi, everyone!!! Thanks for all coming by the blog. I'm a bit late because because I'm on Pacific time, but I'm catching up!

 
On April 30, 2009 at 1:11 PM , Unknown said...

Lisa, this is definitely a stressful time for authors, but I think every field is full of stress right now. Fortunately in times like these people often turn to diversions such as romance to escape the stress of life. That's where we come in!

I'm so glad you like the cover! I think it's a really great peek at what's inside. :)

 
On April 30, 2009 at 1:17 PM , Unknown said...

Booklover, I actually always wanted to be a writer. But it's hard! LOL I never had the stamina to focus on writing a career. I've had a lot of of jobs, and writing is definitely the most challenging. I also absolutely art, and really hot hooked on studying art history. Then I got pregnant and realized I needed to truly focus on what I wanted to do for the rest of my life (since no one has given me a million dollars to pay off my debt and move to Thailand. Yet.) and that was writing. So I dove in!

 
On April 30, 2009 at 1:18 PM , RO said...

I actually just finished reading this book about 2 weeks ago and thought it was very well done because the characters spoke to me. Normally I don't go in for the older woman younger man thing, but it works quite well in this storyline. Well done!

 
On April 30, 2009 at 1:19 PM , Unknown said...

Jax, you know I love art. I also think that writers often become so focused on writing that we leave behind our artistic selves, if that makes sense. When writing is a career, it's a job, not the outlet it may have been at one time. That's why I've made myself a promise to start doing the things I used to do, like making collages and collecting old art history books again.

I also really need my roommate to build me some bookshelves!

 
On April 30, 2009 at 1:19 PM , Unknown said...

Thanks, Housemouse!!! I hope it's hot... :)

 
On April 30, 2009 at 1:20 PM , Unknown said...

R.O.: THANK YOU! I'm so glad you enjoyed the characters. Even though I write erotic romance, the characters' story is always the most important thing!

 
On April 30, 2009 at 1:21 PM , RO said...

You're certainly quite welcome and looking forward to your next offering!

Hugs,

 
On April 30, 2009 at 1:24 PM , Blanche said...

Hi Lilli!!

This sounds like a wonderful book......great interview!! :)

 
On April 30, 2009 at 1:34 PM , CrystalGB said...

Great interview. Bound to Please sounds wonderful.

 
On April 30, 2009 at 2:01 PM , Jax Cassidy said...

Lilli, I wish I had more time to do art and collages. These days, I'm spending so much in the angst of publishing and writing deadlines! LOL

 
On April 30, 2009 at 2:11 PM , Unknown said...

Jax, you really are an amazing artist. I don't know anyone who is as talented as you are!

 
On April 30, 2009 at 2:12 PM , Unknown said...

Blanche and Crystal, thanks for stopping by!!!

 
On April 30, 2009 at 2:21 PM , Anonymous said...

Hi, Lilli :)
Congrats on your release of Bound To Please... I'll definitely have to pick up a copy for myself and my cousin.
Btw, love the pics you have up on your website :)

 
On April 30, 2009 at 3:36 PM , lrhubble said...

This sounds like a great book. The blurb really grabs your attention and makes you want to read more. :-)


Larena

 
On April 30, 2009 at 5:02 PM , Joy Harris said...

I have been waiting fot this book! I cant wait to read it - excellent cover - very eye catching - going to go read Nikki's blog to catch up on LF

 
On April 30, 2009 at 5:15 PM , Unknown said...

Thanks, girls. I love the cover as well. My editor really nailed the image, I think!

 
On April 30, 2009 at 8:29 PM , Unknown said...

Bound to Please sounds great!

 
On April 30, 2009 at 9:14 PM , Caffey said...

After reading that blurb, I knew I wanted to read this one for sure and so good to read that excerpt with Ruby and Mark! Too I love that you'll have follow up books on the other characters so we'll know their stories too!

Its really a joy meeting you Lilli and your interview and excerpt! Off to see what else I missed of yours!

 
On May 1, 2009 at 12:38 AM , Anonymous said...

congrats on teh book hot cover
love the bay, i am from up north.

great rreviews for the book from RT so hugs to u.

love the young guy theme whoo

kh

 
On May 1, 2009 at 1:55 AM , Kytaira said...

Looks like a great book. Do you think studying art helped you with your writing? I don't just mean that with the characters background but with the way you *see* things?

 
On May 4, 2009 at 12:12 PM , Unknown said...

reviewing this book now as i type. very good so far. great interview guys.
i interview on my blog as well.
~K
xo