The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity for my family. Last Friday, my eleven year old son graduated from the fifth grade and is heading off to middle school in the fall. After the graduation was the fifth grade dance. It was really strange seeing him all dressed up and surrounded by gorgeous little girls who all wanted to dance with him. It was all I could do not to cry...soon I'll be watching him go off to prom and then he'll be in college.

Saturday found us at an eightieth birthday party for my husband's uncle. It was a formal affair, held in a posh downtown Orlando hotel. I had a pretty serious wardrobe malfunction and was a full two hours late for the event. However, once I got there, I had an amazing time.

This is also my son's last week of school for the year and all my days have consisted of helping his teacher break down the classroom and clean for next year's new crop of eager fifth graders.

I'm still doing line edits for THE CHOSEN ONE and they are due on Friday. The closer I get to this book being on the shelves is the more nervous I become. Is this a normal feeling?

Until the edits are complete, I've put FORBIDDEN MASALA on the back burner, but I'll be happy to get back to it as it is all I've been able to think about in recent days.

Please enjoy the rest of your week.

Until next time.....

Amusing Abi

Comments (0)