Every woman wants passion in their lives. They want the caring, sharing, romantic man who sweeps them off their feet and will bring them the happiness and partnership they long for. Hopefully you have your own hero in reality, but it doesn't mean you can't curl up to a good book on those days that are less than perfect...

That's why purchasing books, whether it's paperback, print, kindle or PDF format, is a win for everyone. Writers pour their hearts into their stories with hopes they are bringing a bit of romance into a readers life. Readers read books that will whisk them off on a delicious adventure, leaving them wanting more from the authors they've discovered. Seems to me it's a great balance...and as the digital world becomes more mainstream, so is the way in which we have options to purchase what we want when we want it. Truth be told, I adore my print books. On occasion I'll read eBooks but I've learned to enjoy both forms of storytelling. I know the future will most likely involve more cutting edge technology...in fact, the children of tomorrow will even be more immersed in the digital industry because that's just a part of our evolution...the green movement wasn't born last night. It was stewing for years, maybe even centuries, and now we're just catching up with it.

With that said, I think it's good to open our minds to new developments and although most people are afraid of change--it happens. Instead of focusing on all the negatives...one should embrace these new discoveries and creations. At least we should give it a fair shot. If you are one to be afraid of the unknown--research! Okay, now there's a difference between researching to understand and researching to simply find the flaws. We all have those nuggets of insecurity buried deep inside but it's in the learning that one uncover all kinds of wonderful things...

Right now, there's a new movement to educate the romance world about ePublishing. I'm sure the whole of the romance industry is buzzing with the details but I'm not going to travel that path. All I'm saying is that romance comes in all kinds of awesome packages. If people are willing to listen, willing to research and weigh the good and the bad, willing to open their mind to change...that's one good step forward...that's one more door that will open for all authors and may offer many incredible possibilities held within ...

Comments (4)

On June 22, 2009 at 6:51 AM , Maria Geraci said...

On my list of things I need to buy next year: a Kindle. My only fear is that the instant gratification of downloading will put me in the poor house!

 
On June 22, 2009 at 9:50 AM , Abigail said...

I'd rather curl up with a good book than watch a movie or go out on any day.

Great post Jax!

 
On June 22, 2009 at 10:17 AM , Katie Reus said...

Thanks for the lovely post, Jax! Change is a good thing, some people just need a bigger nudge than other to embrace it ;)

 
On June 22, 2009 at 11:05 AM , Jax Cassidy said...

Maria--I want one of those Sony readers or a kindle, but I know I would go bankrupt because it would be too easy to buy online. When I first got my iPod, I spent like $100 in a few minutes!

Abi--I love holding onto books and being able to flip pages. It's silly, right? LOL

Katie--I totally agree with you! Like everything else, people eventually come around or they stay in a time warp.