Literary Agent Emmanuelle Alspaugh with Judith Ehrlich Literary is our scheduled guest blogger Thursday, June 25th. Due to altered summer schedules and Emmanuelle's super busy schedule, we're going to do things a little differently this time around.

Starting today, you can email me at Nikki@NikkiDuncan.com with questions you have for Emmanuelle or your elevator pitch. I will compile the questions and send them to Emmanuelle, she will send me her answers, and then I'll post them back to the blog on the 25th.

With Nationals coming up, this is your opportunity to have some one on one time, even if it isn't face to face, with an agent. Find out from her what works and doesn't with your short pitches so you have time to tweak them.

Now, here's the really important part. We don't normally have many rules here, but this time we do.

~ Deadline is Sunday, June 14th.
~ You MUST send your question and pitch to my email.
~ You MUST put For Emmanuelle in the subject line of the email.
~ An elevator pitch is the short one or two sentence blurb about the story that takes about 5 to 10 seconds to say or read. Example: He's undercover FBI. She's posing as a call girl. They're both looking for a hypnotically persuasive killer.
~ I will not pass query letters or full paragraphs / blurbs along.

I'm filtering through a couple hundred emails a day right now and am getting ready to head out of town for a week. I have to send these to Emmanuelle before I leave and if you don't follow these rules I may miss you-I would hate to do that.

Comments (3)

On June 11, 2009 at 6:46 AM , Evangeline Holland said...

OOh. Wonderful opportunity, particularly as the more I read about Emmanuelle, the more I like her line of agenting. Hope my email makes it through!

 
On June 11, 2009 at 4:09 PM , johnny ray said...

I can not find your e-mail so I hope this will work. I am one of the most popular writers on twitter (Sirjohn_writer)and wondered what impact that might have on obtaining an agent. I also have a web site where I give small blurbs on my completed work.Out of curiosity, would an agent ever check out a potential clients web site. If so, my site is www.sirjohn.org

Thanks
Johnny Ray

 
On June 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM , Jennifer McKenzie said...

Thanks for this Nikki! Email sent. This is awesome.