I was reading emails earlier and someone was talking about the genres of romance they like and someone else was talking about genres they've never read before. I got to thinking about all the different genres of romance and now I'm wondering, what is your favorite? What haven't you tried before? Why not? What would you like to see more of? Do you like your stories to be on the lighter side or dark?

Inspirational?
Young adult?
Contemporary?
Romantic suspense?
Paranormal?
Steam punk?
Fantasy?
Urban fantasy?
Erotic?

Come on. Don't be shy. Inquiring minds want to know.

Comments (3)

On September 1, 2009 at 2:16 PM , Anonymous said...

Out of all those you listed? I DON'T like Inspirational, just not my cup of tea. And I would probably pick up most of the others there before a Historical romance, as I got really burnt out and haven't picked up a Historical in a fairly long time. I love Erotic, Paranormal, UF, Contemporary, and Suspense! Not necessarily in that order ;). I lean more towards the dark, but I definitely enjoy a light every once in a while :D

 
On September 1, 2009 at 2:24 PM , CDChristian said...

I just jumped over here from Twitter. Personally, I like to read and write very dark, unconventional romance with paranormal elements.

Wow. That's a mouthful.

 
On September 3, 2009 at 9:31 AM , AllyAnderson said...

So far I haven't tried steampunk or urban fantasy. During the summer I usually find myself on a contemporary and romantic suspense kick. Fall, I love paranormal and hearth & home stories. Christmas, I love Christmas anthologies. Same for Valentine's Day. Spring, I like romantic comedy. Wow, I'm a seasonal decorator and reader!