These days, as I near the end of my WIP, you can find me in my home office listening to tunes as I write. I'm one of those quirky writers....I make a play list at the beginning of each new project, but I can only bring myself to use it as I near the end of the book.

Today I thought I'd share some of what's been inspiring me these days.

.
The Slumdog Millionaire Soundtrack is awesome! Every beat of every song on this CD captures the energy of daily Indian city life. As I listen to it I'm whisked away to an exotic world where my heroine reigns supreme



Air Supply is a constant on every play list I create. I'm a huge soft rock fan and when I listen to them I'm happy. As I write this, Even The Nights Are Better is floating though my house and bouncing of my walls.



I also love 80's and 90's R&B. My iPod is full of artists like Debarge, Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam, Teena Marie, New Edition and of course Prince. Do you remember the first time you heard Purple Rain?








My eleven year old loves the fact that I like some of what he does. Linkin Park is one of his favorites and they happen to be one of mine too. We were giving each other high-fives in the theatre when we heard New Divide during Transformers.






That's just some of what I'm rocking out to these days. There is sooooo much more. This play list alone has over 300 songs and DH made them even easier to enjoy when he bought me an iPod stereo as a surprise a few months ago.

What do you listen to when you write?

Enjoy the rest of your week everyone!

Always,

Comments (3)

On September 23, 2009 at 10:34 AM , Jax Cassidy said...

Love your choices! Who doesn't sing to Air Supply? I have my own soundtracks I put together to get me going.

 
On September 24, 2009 at 3:06 PM , Danica Avet said...

I don't have a set playlist I listen to. The music I listen to varies with the scenes I'm writing. If it's a fast paced, chase/action scene, I'll listen to either punk or metal. If it's a love scene, I just have to listen to some old Motown or '80s love songs. Can you say 'Can't Fight This Feeling' when your hero realizes he loves the heroine? Oh yeah.

Great choices, btw. :)

 
On October 1, 2009 at 1:16 PM , F. D. Davis said...

Amazing interview. Thanks to Kate and Abi.



Dyanne