It seems as though it was just yesterday that I woke up excited that school was out for summer. I vowed to immediately become a productive member of the writing community, working eight hours a day and dedicating the remaining sixteen to fun and family. It was a good idea in theory, but it didn't pan out. Life has a way of throwing you curve balls and you just have to learn to adapt.

Fast foward three months later and we are now in our second week of school. Normally, I'm a little sad, because I enjoy my son immensely and hate not having him around during the days. But this fall I couldn't wait to pull up to the school and shuttle him off to his classroom.

I've made a new writing schedule and I intend to stick to it. I wake up at five in the morning and I work until he gets up at seven. Once I drop him off at class, I come home and write for six hours. There are no exceptions and no compromises allowed.

With that said, I'm heading to my cave to get some work done. Have a wonderful and productive week everyone!

Always,