**As a thank you, I'm giving away a copy of SECOND CHANCES. If you post a comment on this blog, I'll add your name to the drawing. Leave your email address if you want to be included. A winner will be chosen at the end of the day.**





SECOND CHANCES: A Ramos Brothers Story
Release Date: September 18th
Publisher: Cobblestone Press

When Elaina Matthews ran into Sebastian Ramos at his grandmother’s house, she never expected it would lead to another night of wild sex. Or a relationship.

Sebastian knows what he wants and that’s Elaina in his life and in his bed, forever. He moves full-steam ahead in getting her to agree to a relationship. But will his desire for Elaina overwhelm her and end their relationship before it really starts. And there is another problem on the horizon for the new couple – what will his family say when they discover he’s dating his brother’s ex?



One thing has always been consistent in my life – my writing. Or rather, my need to write. When I was a child if you asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up, the answer would have been a published author.

I write because I love it. But it is hard. Long hours spent in front of the computer, hours in isolation with little interaction outside of online forums and friends. Have I wanted to give up? Yes. But I still persevered, kept writing because I love it. The thrill of creating worlds, crafting characters, manipulating situations and plotting storylines.

On this path I have learned much, like don’t compare myself, my writing or my word count to others. There will be good days writing wise but a bad day is only one where I have not tried to write anything. And there have been a few of those along the way.

Learning how to balance real life with my writing life, balancing being a sister, daughter, caretaker, friend with promo, writing time and building an online persona. My real life is what helps to feed my creative juices and energy and provides story ideas and character insight.

Have I dropped some balls? Yes. But I just picked them up and got going on. I’m not done by a long shot. I have a harddrive full of stories and ideas that need to be finished and developed.

Today I am lucky enough to say that my dream has come true. I have had one novella published with Phaze Books titled TAKE ME AS I AM. And I have another short story coming out for with Cobblestone Press titled SECOND CHANCES. SECOND CHANCES is actually the first in a planned series centered around a group of brothers – The Ramos Brothers.

TAKE ME AS I AM started as an heterosexual romance based on a comment I heard on a radio show. It turned out to be a reunion story about the love two men share for each other. And the funny thing is that SECOND CHANCES is another reunion story. It started out as a story about a one night stand without a happily ever after. When the story evolved into what it is now which is a romance between friends who share a unique past.

ABOUT ANGELEQUE:

Angeleque was born and raised to be a “good girl”, she followed the rules until she graduated college. She decided to have fun and live by her own rules. Angeleque is the bad girl to her real life good girl who wants to have fun and live life to it's fullest. The practical side of Angeleque (who always has money saved up for bail) is one of the aspects of the real me which shines through.

She loves to travel, has a thirst and passion for life and love that shines through in her writing. She admits to liking sex (and is not afraid to admit it), motorcycles, leather and roller coasters. And can appreciate the sexiness and mystery of both genders.

To find out more about Angeleque, visit her at:

Webpage: http://angelequeford.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/angeleque
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/angelequeford
Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/angelequeford/

Comments (8)

On September 14, 2009 at 12:11 PM , Zora Stout said...

Angeleque,your post show great spirit; I also think it's great that a random comment on a radio station gave you a plot for an entire book :)

Your post, overall, is very inspiring and definitely shows your can do spirit.

...And on a side note, I really like your Author's Bio - very nice!

 
On September 14, 2009 at 2:36 PM , Inez Kelley said...

I love reunion stories, the chance at a DO OVER and visiting WHAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN.

How cool that a random comment can spur an entire book!

Good luck!

 
On September 14, 2009 at 2:55 PM , Hailey Edwards said...

I do enjoy a good second chance story. The possibility to rekindle old flames, forge new bonds, it's all very romantic :D

 
On September 14, 2009 at 2:57 PM , books said...

Congrats on your new release. Angeleque is an awesome writer! Her characters sizzle and rock!!!

 
On September 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM , Angeleque Ford said...

Zora - Thank you. When I heard the comment it was just too good to pass up. And that story practically wrote itself.

Inez - I'm a sucker for reunion stories too. The characters were very determined about how they wanted their story told. I'm glad I listened.

Hailey - Yeah. Second chances are great. Everyone, in life, deserves one. In love is where it gets tricky. Especially in this story. But I hope I handled it ok.

 
On September 14, 2009 at 3:26 PM , Angeleque Ford said...

Books - wow. Thanks for the compliment.

 
On September 14, 2009 at 3:28 PM , Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new release! I'm looking forward to hearing more about the Ramos brothers.

mamad

 
On September 14, 2009 at 10:23 PM , Angeleque Ford said...

Thanks mamad. I'm working on the next two stories right now.