I can hardly believe it's Tuesday already. Or that it's only Tuesday. I feel like I put in a week's worth of work yesterday and I still have tons to do. On the plus side, CIS (hubby) took Destruction (the youngest) with him on a job he is doing today. Translation - a quiet house more conducive to work.

I know you want all the details of what I've been up to. Don't pretend you don't. You know you do. :)

I've been working with Misa Ramirez to put together a Marketing and Promotion Workshop. We're going to team teach it this month at Candace Havens' online workshop. It's free and I hope you'll check it out. Specifically, we'll be talking about the differences between Marketing and Promotion as well as how they work together in relation to e-publishing and print publishing. It's been a huge undertaking putting it all together, but I've learned a great deal doing it. Oh, and we'll have a bonus "lesson" from Erin Galloway, the Manager of Marketing with Dorchester.

I'm working on a short pitch workshop that will be part of a Conference workshop that's going to be available to RWA PROs in the PRO Class loop the week of June 15th. I may also get to meet our very own Abigail that week as I'll be VERY close to her.

I've been hitting the gym again.

I've submitted some new queries to agents and received a partial request from one. I also received a pass on a manuscript, but had an epiphany on how to make it better. Now I just need the time to write it. LOL.

I learned how to do a super cool scrolling marquee for images with links. Not sure what I'm talking about? Check it out here.

I've had some great guest bloggers on my personal blog chatting about their new releases. One of the bloggers was Leah Braemel, who will be here Thursday. Be sure to come back by.

I'm forgetting things, but it's really been a huge flurry of activity around here. Have a great week, and I'll see you all here Thursday to chat with Leah!

Back to productivity. lol

Comments (2)

On May 12, 2009 at 10:18 PM , Leah Braemel said...

Oh, yay on the promotion course on Candy's loop! I am SO there! I wouldn't be where I am now without her Fast Draft. And now I'm published I REALLY need all the promo advice I can get.

 
On May 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM , Nikki Duncan said...

I will see you there! :)