Okay, so I have to get a kid ready for a school performance, I have to get me ready, and I have to get snacks for the thing after. Did I mention I have just over an hour to do it all? LOL I'm going to leave you with some helpful tidbits I saw on a yahoo loop the other day.

• Peel a banana from the bottom and you won't have to pick the little 'stringy things' off of it. That's how the primates do it.
• Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for eating. Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for cooking.
• For a cool brownie treat, make brownies as directed. Melt Andes mints in double broiler and pour over warm brownies. Let set for a wonderful minty frosting.
• Reheat Pizza: Heat up leftover pizza in a nonstick skillet on top of the stove, set heat to med-low and heat till warm. This keep s the crust crispy. No soggy micro pizza. I saw this on the cooking channel and it really works.
• Reheating refrigerated bread: To warm biscuits, pancakes, or muffins that were refrigerated, place them in a microwave with a cup of water. The increased moisture will keep the food moist and help it reheat faster.
• No More Mosquitoes: Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.
• Reducing Static Cling: Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and ... ta da! ... static is gone.

And on that note, I'm off to get ready! I hope you guys had a great day!!

Comments (1)

On May 20, 2009 at 9:25 AM , Jax Cassidy said...

Great things to know. It's funny how simplistic everything is and yet we tend to no know. LOL