Today's post comes to you from Panera Bread. I'm only about five miles away from my house, but I've managed to get more work done in an hour and a half than I've gotten done in the last two days.

Seeing that I was more than a little bummed out from my recent low output, my husband suggested this morning that perhaps all I needed to jar my creativity was a change of scenery. I was surprised that he would suggest that because he has gone through so much to provide a comfortable space for me to write in and I didn't want him to think for one minute that I didn't appreciate everything he has done to support me. So...after I drove my son to school this morning, I headed straight here.

I had a long talk with my agent last week and she'll have the proposal for Forbidden Masala in her hands by this Friday. I'm still very much in love with this story and happy to be back on track.

Immediately after I've sent the proposal to her, I'll pick up where I left off on my YA series. She loves the premise of the story and thinks it will do well.

On a personal note, I'm in the middle of planning for the summer. My son will be graduating fifth grade in exactly three weeks and it looks as though his schedule will be even more hectic than it is normally. I'm going to have to get used to working on the road.

Enjoy the rest of your week and don't forget to stop by tomorrow... Leah Braemel will be visiting us!

Always....

Comments (1)

On May 13, 2009 at 4:24 PM , Nikki Duncan said...

I love changing up my scenery, though I don't feel the need quite as often now that hubby put a window in my office.