We have been really sick here in the McKenley household. My husband contracted the flu and thought nothing of spreading it around.

Last night I fell asleep on the couch and through my feverish haze I felt myself being lifted up and carried off to bed. Once he had me squared away under the covers, he checked my temperature, administered my meds and left me to sleep with a soft kiss on the forehead and a whispered I Love You. I immediately forgave him my fever and congestion.

My husband has always been my hero and he plays a starring role in every novel I write. His traits of kindness, responsibility and unmitigated love are the qualities that all my male protagonists have to possess, or else, I won’t write them.

That is one of the main reasons it is so hard for me to write the typical Alpha male. While I love a man that exudes confidence, arrogance is not a quality that I’m personally attracted to.

Where do you get the inspiration for your male leads? Are they typically Alpha or Beta?

Until next time….

Amusing Abi

Comments (4)

On February 11, 2009 at 10:50 AM , Kelley Nyrae said...

I like to write alphas or at least men with strong alpha traits. Not all are. Luciano wasn't your true alpha.

Hope you feel better soon!

 
On February 11, 2009 at 12:09 PM , Jax Cassidy said...

Your Hubby is a real hero! You know I love him to death...

I can say that I'm blessed to be able to share my life with my hero so it's easy for me to write them. Mr. Right is always a source of inspiration for me.

Get well!

 
On February 11, 2009 at 2:24 PM , me said...

It's funny because I like to write about guys who act aloof and unaffected in the beginning of the relationship, those who eventually explode with passion. But my hubby never acted "unaffected" when we started dating years ago...One quality I do take from my hubby is his craftiness and his intelligence. I love a smart hero!

 
On February 11, 2009 at 6:53 PM , Anonymous said...

Awwwwww! I want a honey like yours. Does he have a brother? ;)

I'm a lot like you. I like a guy who is confident, but arrogance is crossing the line for me. I think a REAL guy will pocket his arrogance for his beautiful lady, maybe chuck it to the curb, if need be. In the end, he knows it's not all about him. It's about him and his woman.