Welcome to Fabulous Friday! To entertain you today, hopefully it'll be easy, I thought I'd share with you what I've gotten to do to entertain myself today. Hey! The name may be Naughty Nikki, but there's nothing naughty about today's task.

As I serve as room mom for both of my daughters' classes, I keep myself busy with party planning on what seems a constant basis. The latest task, in addition to the valentine's Day parties is preparing for the school carnival for the littlest one's school. As room mom, I am responsible for putting together a themed basket to be raffled off.

Now, you would think I would be smart enough to stick with a run of the mill basket stuffed with whatever goodies, right? Apparently not.

My mission was to make a sombrero shaped pinata out of paper mache. I've never paper mached before and come on, a sombrero?! What was I thinking? Jenius Jax, being the jenius that she is, said to use wire for the frame. Oh, okay. So, I got a floppy hat that I have and started building a frame. I printed Mexico themed coloring pages and sent them to school for the kids to paint so I could use those. The brim will serve as the "basket" where I'll put the goodies for a Mini Mexican Vacation at Home.

Destruction helped me paint around the artwork this afternoon. I still have some finishing touches to add, but what do you think of the sombrero?

Comments (6)

On February 6, 2009 at 4:03 PM , Abigail said...

I love the sombrero Nikki! You did an awesome job!

 
On February 6, 2009 at 5:14 PM , Jax Cassidy said...

Wow! My eyes are burning! J/K...it turned out great! So glad you were able to finish it.

 
On February 6, 2009 at 5:31 PM , Nikki Duncan said...

LOL, it was actually pretty fun. CIS wants to do a paper mache Medusa for Halloween.

 
On February 6, 2009 at 7:27 PM , Mia Rose said...

NIKKI! HI!
That is one heck of a sombrero, SuperMom!
Quite a feat, I must say. Although it sounds like you've created little paper mache monsters now, lol. Medusa, btw? Good luck with that!
:D

 
On February 6, 2009 at 11:10 PM , Anonymous said...

Very cool sombrero, Nikki!

 
On February 9, 2009 at 1:24 PM , Anonymous said...

LOL. Hey Mia! The Medusa head does sound challenging. CIS sleeps with a cpap machine for his sleep apnea. He has a bag full of old tubes that we'll shape and cover with paper mache to make the snakes. And my we I'm sure it'll end up being mostly me, but I'll cross my fingers that he helps.