I've been really bad about writing lately. I don't know if it's because of the effects of the economy or I'm just unmotivated. I'm hoping it's not the later since I've always been a positive person...I must have a zillion books on my TBR list and yet I can't seem to get through the first five pages of any book I've picked up. I think I stopped reading more frequently last year because I was afraid it would influence my writing. Then there's the matter of re-reading my stuff and hating every word. I've heard many writers complain about this but that's where I'm at. Nope, I'm not saying I have writer's block, I don't believe in it...I think it's more about carrying too many emotional baggage that I can't shake off. I think that's one of the biggest problems for writers when they hit that hump. So I've taken a few days off just to clear the mind so I can be back in the zone again. Sometimes tackling new projects that challenge me will get me going. For instance, I've started this kick butt Young Adult Urban Fantasy that is so different than what I've ever read. Not that I'm an authority on YA, this would be my first full length novel. I recently wrapped up a really chaste YA novella for my publisher but I don't think it counts. :)

What does one do to kick start their mind? I seriously think I need to lay off the alcohol...but I can't help it, my newest obsession is this Rosa Regale...if you've never had it...O.M.G. it's the best thing ever!

Okay, after writing this post, I have an urge to write. Thanks!

P.S. Romance Divas got a nice plug at Publisher's Weekly. Check it out HERE...

Comments (2)

On February 16, 2009 at 4:55 PM , Anonymous said...

Plot or brainstorm with someone about your story. Or just mention to Candace Havens that you aren't in the mood to write. She'll kick you in the rear. LOL I love that about her.

 
On February 16, 2009 at 5:37 PM , Jax Cassidy said...

Thanks Nikki! You know I would crank up the creativity before I'd tell Candace about my...er, procrastination. I blame it on you and Jarod!