I haven’t done any writing at all for the last two weeks. I have a good excuse though….I had the flu. All that is over now. The house has been thoroughly disinfected and I am happy to report that I finally feel well enough to write.

I got up this morning at four and managed to get about three and half pages done before waking my son up and getting him ready for school. I was feeling pretty darned proud of myself and couldn’t wait to drop him off and come back home to settle down for seven solid hours of uninterrupted writing.

His teacher had other plans in store for me. Just as I turned to leave the classroom, I was asked to help decorate the room door for a school competition. I’m class mom and this activity falls within the scope of my duties, so the request didn’t surprise me at all. What almost sent me into cardiac arrest was the added stipulation that it had to be finished by tomorrow. Are you kidding me?

So instead of coming home and delving into my WIP I headed to the craft store for supplies.

I’m determined to make my page count for the day…so I’ll guess I’ll be downing the coffee all night long.

Until next time....

Amusing Abi

Comments (5)

On February 18, 2009 at 1:15 PM , Jax Cassidy said...

Hugs! Glad to hear you feel better. See, I got it good... Jax - child = FREEDOM

I'm a good class mom, you'll rock it!

 
On February 18, 2009 at 3:37 PM , Kwana said...

Oh I don't miss the class mom days. Your son will be forever thankful later.

 
On February 18, 2009 at 5:25 PM , Abigail said...

-Thanks Jax! I hope you reconsider one day. You would make an awesome mom!

-Thanks Kwana...I don't usually mind the long hours I spend in his classroom during the week, but I really just wanted to write today! :)

 
On February 18, 2009 at 6:49 PM , Anonymous said...

As a fellow room mom, I can completely feel your pain. I just spent how long making that paper mache sombrero and now I have to help organize and line up volunteers for the craft fair plus make a sign. And that's just one kid's school. It's a good thing we love our kids and want to support them. :) At least I'm blessed with teachers that appreciate my efforts. And I have known that these craft fair duties were coming.

 
On February 18, 2009 at 6:50 PM , Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better! (meant to post that with the last one.)