Seems like the recession isn't just affecting the bottom line--it's also affecting our minds and the way we view everything in our lives. Of course, for me, I've been teetering on the edge...well, I've been going through a transition for a while and with this strange lull, I'm realizing my goals have changed. It's been kind of stagnant when it comes to my projects and writing schedule but I am going to change all that. I've decided that I need to become more proactive so I'm going to crack the whip on myself!

Next week I'll be in Florida to take care of my mother who's getting knee replacement surgery. While I'm there for almost the entire month, I've made it a mission to write my butt off. There shouldn't be any distractions while I'm at the hospital. Basically I'll be living there, so I won't have any excuse except to write!

It's time to build and strengthen my career so I'm going to totally unleashing all the weeks of stifled creativity. After all, my book isn't going to write itself! I'm going to have to reach deep down in my soul and produce something spectacular. Time to make things happen and--at least at the end of the day--I'll finally feel like an author again...


Comments (3)

On August 24, 2009 at 9:49 PM , Nikki Duncan said...

Sounds like a great goal! Good luck with the writing and travel safe. I'm eager to hear about what you come up with.

 
On August 25, 2009 at 8:35 AM , Kris_Cook said...

You are an author. These lulls happen. And - if you need a kick in the behind... LOL! Have a good trip and enjoy your mom.

 
On August 25, 2009 at 9:01 AM , Jax Cassidy said...

Thanks for the support! I'm gonna write my butt off while I'm away, that's for sure :)