I've been trying to make a deadline but I'm having trouble concentrating.

You see I'm dealing with memories of home. Don't get me wrong, I love my life here with my amazing husband and son. However, over the years my visits to Jamaica have been happening less frequently so it breaks my heart to leave.

Instead of making my daily word count, I find myself looking at pictures and wishing I were still with my parents and everyone else I left behind.

That's why it is so important to surround yourself with people that are always there to support and lift you up. My hubby and son have been doing everything to lift my spirits, showering loads of love and affection on me, they truly are my rock. And, yesterday an unexpected phone call from Little Fabulous One had me grinning from ear to ear. That chick is like family to me and I miss her soooooo much!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy these various pics. They are from my family's home in Jamaica.







Comments (5)

On August 5, 2009 at 1:33 PM , Marcia Colette said...

Having only been to Jamaica once, I don't blame you for missing it. It's truly a beautiful island paradise.

And look at the bright side. When you're feeling homesick like that, just surround yourself with more cool friends to soak up the sadness. :-)*hugs*

 
On August 5, 2009 at 5:42 PM , Chaeya said...

Hi Abigail,

I loved your pictures. I understand what you mean about home although I feel like I don't really have any one place. I'm glad your husband and son are doing you good to try and cheer you up.

 
On August 5, 2009 at 7:01 PM , Jax Cassidy said...

Awww, that's so sweet. I feel special. LOL

 
On August 6, 2009 at 8:31 AM , Abigail said...

Thanks so much Ladies!

 
On August 6, 2009 at 9:14 AM , Chudney Thomas said...

It only takes a phone call from home for me to be homesick. Soak up the Love from the hubby and son. I think it's awesome that they recognize you need it.