I didn't sleep well at all last night. My husband and I dropped our son off at a friend's house yesterday evening for his first sleepover and I just wasn't ready for it.

He is eleven years old and this is the first time that he has been away from us. Yes, we happen to be those parents. The ones who don't mind that their son tags along on every date night and every anniversary vacation. You see, we've been married for thirteen years and having him made our family complete. I truly believe we are better people because of him.

So at 1:30 this morning after tossing and turning for hours, I got out of bed and headed to my office where I wrote my blues away. I became so engrossed in my story that I didn't notice that DH had gotten up, showered and was headed out the door to work. I wrote for six hours without a break! DH joked that maybe we should send Gorgeous Boy away more often since I got so much work done without him here. After I gave him one of my evil looks, he quickly apologized :)

As far as work is concerned, I am now squarely in the middle and looking straight at the finish line. I am determined to get this novel finished and off to my agent before we leave for Jamaica.

Off to get more writing done before Gorgeous Boy comes home!

Comments (1)

On July 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM , Marcia Colette said...

And I was just thinking about calling you since I decided to work the rest of the day from home. I'll leave you alone so you can write your pretty, little heart out. But tonight is a different story. ;-)