Once a month I participate in Excerpt Monday where I provide an excerpt of my current release or WIP (work in progress). There are so many talented authors involved, some published and some trying to publish. It's a great mix of genres and heat level ratings and a wonderful way to get a first glimpse of something you may see at the bookstores some day.

Today I posted an excerpt of a book I started that is set in the Tuscan countryside and will be showcasing the vineyards, Italian cuisine, and a very touching love story. I hope to have it completed (or sold) sometime in the future. For now, it's on hold but I truly love the romantic aspect of Italy and what interesting adventures can be held there. Go to my BLOG (www.jaxadora.blogspot.com) and have a first ever look. I know if it sells I'll have to do some fine-tuning but it's just fun to see what people think. The final product will be an "R" rating but what I have up is a PG excerpt.

Next up, I'm going to be in Washington DC tomorrow so if any of you are going to be at the RWA Conference, please stop me and say "Hi". I love meeting you all and I would love to see you at the Literacy for Life Signing on Wednesday. It's a wonderful event that will help so many people with what we raise.

I am so excited about these events because it's one of the only time I can actually see my girlfriends from all over the world. It's very motivating and when I am surrounded by so much talent, it's hard not to feel enthusiastic and inspired. This year has been a milestone for a lot of my friends. Including my best gal pal, Kristen Painter, who landed a 3-book Urban Fantasy deal with ORBIT. I can't tell you how proud I am of her and know that she's just going to catapult to stardom. Her personality is as big a her heart. Now, it's my turn to get a big contract so I can finally make it to mass market instead of trade paperback. LOL Although, I'm just happy to be published. Period.

Okay, you newbie RWA conference goers, I've written an article for FRESH FICTION that gives you tips on what to do or not to do while there. I am just passing a bit of knowledge from my years of experience with going to conference. You don't have to take my advice, but just give it a read. Love to get your feedback.

Finally, Nikki and I will be doing interviews that we hope we will be able put up snippets of the events online for you to view. We'll see how that goes. :) The wrap ups will be showcased on our blog when we return. It's going to be a lot of fun if we get the awesome candid interviews. Angela James, Executive Editor at Samhain Publishing, is on our list of interviews as she and a panel of awesome folks will be doing a "Rogue Digital" workshop at Nationals. Can't wait to see what everyone has to say about Digital publishing.

I hope you have a wonderful week and I shall be doing updates of the conference on my BLOG. :)

See you all soon!

Comments (0)