Today is my son's 12Th birthday and I'm torn between celebrating and wanting to cry. I'm really proud of him. In these uncertain times that we live in, I've managed to raise a smart, conscientious and honest young man. But when I look at him, so tall, strong and handsome, I long for the days when he'd let me hold him for hours and rock him to sleep.

I'm happy to report that I've finished my latest WIP. As I neared the finish line, I was so excited that my hands were actually shaking when I typed 'The End'. I wanted to dive right in and start editing, but I know that I need to approach it with fresh eyes. So, it will sit on the shelf for a couple weeks until I decide to tackle it.

Enjoy the next few days everyone...my weekend will be filled with birthday cake and happy tears.

Abi

Comments (1)

On October 15, 2009 at 8:02 PM , The romantic query letter and the happy-ever-after said...

Love this blog so much I can hardly stand it. Thanks for sharing.
All the very best,
Simone