Dear Mother:

When I was a kid, you used to allow me the freedom to run around, stir up trouble, and be myself. Yes, I was a handful, a scrappy tomboy, but you had the patience and strength to carry me through all those moments that counted the most. Because of you, I am following your advice and becoming the person you hoped I'd become. Because of you, I am a better person with goals and dreams...who fights for what I believe, who continues to work just as hard as you always have. Because of you I have all those amazing stories I will be able to tell my children some day...

I'm sorry for driving you crazy, for almost setting the house on fire, for beating up my younger sister, for those teenage angst, for the times you had to bail me out when I got into fights at school and got suspended. Thank you for being firm and for grounding me. Thank you for believing in me when no one else did.

But most of all, thank you for loving me unconditionally.

Happy Mothers Day! I love you.
Jenius Jax

To all the Mothers out there...you deserve to be celebrated, loved, and cherished! Enjoy your day!

Comments (3)

On May 11, 2009 at 11:10 AM , Anonymous said...

Jax... so that's what you were like as a kid... no wonder :0

Your mom must deserve Sainthood :>

Excellent letter. Makes me think I should send one to my own mom.

April Morelock

 
On May 11, 2009 at 11:49 AM , Jax Cassidy said...

Haha! Well, I turned out okay ... except for the occasional bar fights. LOL

 
On May 11, 2009 at 8:19 PM , Jeannie Lin said...

I could totally picture you as a scrappy tomboy. When you're small, you have to be twice as fierce!

Did your Mom read your post? I sent my Mom to mine and she was very touched. I think it might have been the first blog she ever read. :)